[pf4freebsd] Re: pf 1.59 and ALTQ install trouble

cipherbk cipherbk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 20:42:59 PDT 2004

Hi again,

yes, I understood all that; I now think my problem is that I'm building
and installing the kernel in the 'new' (and preferred, according to
FreeBSD) way and not the 'old' way.  The PF instructions mention the
'old' way for building/installing the kernel, but I figured I'd try the
'new' way to see if it worked.  I took both the PF and ALTQ
instructions and meshed them together, since section 5 in the PF
instructions is where it is outdated.  Everything else is spot-on.

I'm trying again with the 'old' method.  I think the ALTQ (and PF)
instructions should explicitly state that the 'old' kernel
build/install method must be used.

Which leads to my request that they be enhanced so that either the
'old' or 'new' kernel method can be used.  I haven't used the 'old'
method since about 4.6.

Build's about done.  Time to verify.

Thanks for the response and info.