[pf4freebsd] Version 1.54 (delayed)

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:40:43 PDT 2004

Hello,

just uploaded version 1.54
(http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pf_freebsd_1.54.tar.gz) this version is
not so much influenced by changes in OpenBSD but brings in a couple of
bugfixes and new versions of libpcap and tcpdump from 5.1-release:
 - Fixed masking bug (see pf77.in) from OpenBSD henning@
 - Fixed altqsupport-testing in pfctl to avoid unsupported DIOCs on /dev/pf
 - Fixed a problem in print-pflog.c when makeing with NOINET6 turned on.
 - Pulled in new versions of libpcap and tcpdump from 5.1-release and made
them fit for 5.0 as well.
 - MLD6_xxx is now MDL_xxx from OpenBSD. FreeBSD has done conversion pre 5.0

The libpcap/tcpdump merge is not too clean, so there may be an issues when
useing pftcpdump on normal interfaces with FreeBSD-5.0 (but it's very
unlikely)

The ALTQ-patch from http://www.rofug.ro/projects/freebsd-altq/ still does
not work with 5.1 (or there is no updated patch) so we are looking for
alternatives and will find a patch to work with.

The port-release brings a lot of valueable feedback and the NOINET6 fix from
above is the first outcome. Thanks to Andrzej Tobola for the report.

Regards,
    Max

P.S.: This message was meant to be sent out some hours ago, but my ISP got
blacklisted (for good reason I'm afraid) so it took some time. Hope you have
fun with the new version anyways.