[pf4freebsd] Re: Version 1.52

Pyun YongHyeon yongari at kt-is.co.kr
Wed Sep 15 20:40:23 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:27:22PM +0900, To pf4freebsd at freelists.org wrote:

 [snip]
 >  >
 >  > This message " pfctl: DIOCGETALTQS: Operation not supported by device" has not gone away.
 >  > I have recompiled my pf, and i'm 100% sure my kernel in not compiled with "options ALTQ"
 >
 > OK. I'll check FreeBSD pf source.

I have found a long standing bug in pfctl's code.
The phenomenon shows when you use 'pfctl -sa' or 'pfctl -sq' when ALTQ
disabled. I have committed a patch to CVS.
Next release version will correct this problem.

Thank you very much. Without your feedback this might not detected.
(Even OpenBSD guys didn't notice that!)
Thanks again.

--
Pyun YongHyeon <http://www.kr.freebsd.org/~yongari>