Is PF nat broken?

Matteo Riondato rionda at gufi.org
Thu Oct 21 13:53:41 PDT 2004

Thu, 2004-10-21  18:38 CEST, Max Laier wrote:
> Matteo Riondato wrote:
> > Please note that I'm using pf.ko, not in-kernel support.
> > There isn't a "nat enable yes" line in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
> > Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Well, could you try to tell us what exactly the problem is? I don't see any
> mentioning of the actual problem.

Ouch, sorry, I forgot to mention it.. :)
Well, the fact is that nat does not work. I mean: packets arrive from
the lan to the internal interface (wifi_if = "rl0") and it seems that
they are forward to remote hosts, but when they come back, they are not
forward back to lan hosts.

Here you found the output of "pfctl -vrs":
http://www.riondabsd.net/pfctl-vsr.output

The output of "tcpdump -i rl0 port 110"
http://www.riondabsd.net/tcpdump.rl0

The output of "tcpdump -i tun0 port 110"
http://www.riondabsd.net/tcpdump.tun0

(the two tcpdump were taken at the same time)

Here my /etc/pf.conf
http://www.riondabsd.net/pf.conf

Hope this helps.
Thank you in advance for any hint.