FTP Server behind NAT

Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan dr.clau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:14:07 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am using a FTP Server behind NAT. I have problems connecting to it
from a computer which is itself behind NAT.
I do know how to fix this problem at client side, by using ftp-proxy,
but this is not a possible scenario.
I am looking for a way to solve this at FTP Server side (the NATing machine).
The OpenBSD PF FAQ doesn't help too much in this direction.

I encounter this situation:
- when I use active mode it tells me that it won't connect to
192.168.99.201, which is my ftp client machine, behind NAT.
- when I use passive move, the ftp client tells me it cannot connect
to 192.168.20.1, which is the internal network IP address of the FTP
server.

Of course, this happens after I succesfully log into the FTP server.

Hopefully someone has solved this situation.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

--
Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan