rdr + bridge

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Fri Oct 15 14:36:24 PDT 2004

Unfortunately FreeBSD's bridge code is far from optimal. It lacks a lot of
functionality when compared to Net/OpenBSD's if_bridge. At the moment this
constrains pf to a very limited subset of possible functionalities. There has
been an effort to port over if_bridge, but that died for some reason.

In order to fix your specific problem you might want to try to add a "route-to
(lo0 127.0.0.1)"-rule for the redirected traffic but I can't confirm that
this will really help.

All in all, I have to admit that pf gives a rather poor performance with the
FreeBSD bridge code.