Are these the only kernel options I need to enable altq on FreeBSD 5.2.1

BB brent.bolin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 07:26:09 PDT 2004

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a little confused.  Some time ago I downloaded the kernel altq
patch and attempted to install it.  Had some kernel panics and didn't
pursue it.

Are you saying 5.2.x does not have the kernel code for altq.  It dos
not appear to ?

Are you saying the up and coming 5.3 Release or Beta versions have the
kernel code ?

I assume your kernel must be compiled with the options below -

> > options         ALTQ
> > options         ALTQ_CBQ        # Class Bases Queueing
> > options         ALTQ_RED        # Random Early Drop
> > options         ALTQ_RIO        # RED In/Out
> > options         ALTQ_HFSC       # Hierarchical Packet Scheduler
> > options         ALTQ_CDNR       # Traffic conditioner
> > options         ALTQ_PRIQ       # Prioirity Queueing

Thanks

btb