p5-Git-Repository

Ryan Steinmetz zi at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 8 01:41:31 UTC 2014

On (07/07/14 20:50), Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>> .if (${OSVERSION} >= 902510 && ${OSVERSION} < 1000000) || ${OSVERSION} >= 1000704
>> ${ECHO} "You are using an unsupported release.  The ports tree may not
>> function correctly.  Please update to a supported release for the best
>> experience.  See http://.....freebsd.org/... for a list of supported
>> releases.
>> .endif
>>
>> Obviously the versions are not correct, but, again, the goal is to give
>> people something to work with.  Just like what we did with the PKGNG
>> warnings.
>>
>> -r
>>
>that won t work because you will have a syntax error before being able to print
>that
>
>Bapt

My goal was to get the idea across.  As for an actual implementation:

1.  We could rename bsd.port.mk to something else and add the version
checks in the 'new' bsd.port.mk, followed by a .include for the real
bsd.port.mk.

2.  Wrap the actual content of bsd.port.mk in the else block of an if
block.  In this case, the if block would be our version checks.

I'm sure there are also other possibilities, these were just those that
came to mind.

-r

--
Ryan Steinmetz
PGP: 9079 51A3 34EF 0CD4 F228  EDC6 1EF8 BA6B D028 46D7