p5-Email-Address woes

milki milki at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 23 06:42:37 UTC 2013

On 16:14 Mon 22 Jul     , Mark Felder wrote:
> Is it possible a test-case could be made and used before committing
> updates to this port in the future? Or should we just yell loudly at
> upstream?

Both are in order. As the maintainer is the general perl@, it would be
a little harder to make sure the maintainers and committers would all be
wary of the test-case though.

The a solution could be to submit a regression test upstream and
patch the port for the current version if a patch is known. If no patch
is known, then it would be best to mark it broken for users who want
unicode support (conditional BROKEN if a PORT_OPTIONS:MUTF8 maybe?).kk

--
milki