ExtUtils::MakeMaker problem

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 28 18:58:32 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 00:48, Anton Berezin wrote:
> There is a bad interaction between BSDPAN and recent versions of MakeMaker.
> There is a PR for this (160759 I believe), but the simplest workaround is to
> export DISABLE_BSDPAN=1 before issuing the command.

Thanks! I was able to confirm that this knob works in my production
environment for cpan -t ExtUtils::MakeMaker, and some simple installs
that failed previously. I can't try the patch in the PR in this
environment, but I was trivially able to reproduce the problem on my
personal system, so I'll do some testing there and report back.

Doug

			-- OK Go