my solution to bug PR 150563 for port lang/p5-JavaScript-SpiderMonkey

freethread freethread.sw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:43:32 UTC 2010

PR link http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=150563

In the zip file (sorry for the zip) there are the 2 files with my bug fix.

1. Makefile.PL. Removed the *foreach* loop at line 74. I assumed the code
try to search all header files in sub-directories of the predefined paths in
hash %possible_install_paths. On FreeBSD I suppose the port
lang/SpiderMonkey fall in one of the path pairs (headers and libs) in the
hash.

2. Makefile. Added the two options E4X and JS_THREADSAFE.

On my machine (OS updated yesterday) it compile with all, some and none of
the options.

--------------------------------------

# named -a
FreeBSD alpha.freethread.lan 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Fri Sep 17
04:31:01 CEST 2010
root at alpha.freethread.lan:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALPHA-0801  i386

I hope I understood the bug. If not, adapt it as necessary. have a good day

paolo enriello

PS - At first, I compiled this port in the directory where is located
Makefile.PL, at the end of compilation a test was started. Three (3) tests
failed or no tests available at all. Im not able to restart the test so I
cannot tell u what tests was failed.