How / where to get a Perl that has threads?

Oren Maurer meorero at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 04:02:45 PST 2009

Is there a reason for not having threaded Perl as the default?
Is it matter of History (compatibility with past code)?
Or internal FreeBSD reason (memory)?

I have seen other OS's - that do use threaded Perl as default (Linux, MSWin32).

But in all of those OS's I have Perl 5.10. (hint .... hint....)

I hope that when Perl 5.10 port will be available for FreeBSD - It
will be threaded.

      Oren.

--
Oren  Maurer