errors on pkg_create for p5-* ports

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jan 27 14:36:46 PST 2009

El día Tuesday, January 27, 2009 a las 02:59:24PM +0100, Anton Berezin escribió:

> Matthias,
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 02:15:00PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> > After installing 7.1R ports (portupgraded) I'm trying to create packages
> > of all the ~1000 installed packages; 8 packages, all belonging to
> > bsdpan-* packages from ports/www/p5-* (exact list below) are giving
> > errors; what could I do?
>
> Something is very interesting here.  If you used ports to install those
> modules, there will be no bsdpan packages, there will be p5 packages.
>
> If you installed modules directly from CPAN, there will be bsdpan packages.
>
> So before trying to figure out the problem with pkg_create, it would be
> useful to figure out how the modules in question were installed, and if the
> answer is "directly from CPAN", why the "real" ports were not used for the
> task.

Your question remembers me what I've posted on January 18 to the
kde-freebsd list:

    > Hello,
    >
    > The building of the KDE 3.5.10 master port x11/kde3 fails in
    > misc/shared-mime-info with:
    >
    > # cd /usr/ports/X11/kde3
    > # make install BATCH=yes

    > checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
    > checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module
    > is
    > required for intltool
    > ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
    >
    > (this is with portsnap fetch+extract and portupgrade)
    >
    > I did by hand:
    >
    > # perl -MCPAN -e shell
    > at cpan> prompt type in:
    > install XML::Parser
    >
    > which made it happy;
    >
    > is this a known issue? (Cc: maintainer gnome at FreeBSD.org)

Well this explains why there is stuff directly from CPAN and why the
"real" has not been used;

any idea how to avoid this CPAN access?

> Another interesting question is whether a previous version of lang/perl5.8
> (5.8.8) was installed at some point, and whether perl-after-upgrade script
> was run after the upgrade to 5.8.9 (as per ports/UPDATING entry).

I don't think so that there have been 5.8.8 installed; I installed the
base system, portupgraded and went directly to the KDE3 master port
which caused the above error;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH

SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen