DBD::Pg is broken - coredumps

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Mon Oct 13 08:06:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 08:17:34PM -0600, John Rushford wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm having trouble with DBD::Pg on a FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE machine.  When
> connecting to a postgresql database, the perl script coredumps.  See
> attached back trace, version info, and test perl script.  Is there some
> issue with pthreads?  Any ideas?

John,  I cannot reproduce it in my configuration, which is slightly
different from what you have.  Before I try the identical config,
could you post the output produced by the following?

$ perl -V
$ ldd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so
$ ldd /usr/local/bin/perl
$ pkg_info | grep perl

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen