IPC::ShareLite and malloc

Steve Wills steve at mouf.net
Thu Oct 4 12:40:50 PDT 2007

I've noticed that when using a perl built with perl's internal malloc
(the default for the port on FreeBSD), the test cases for
IPC::ShareLite fail. This happens whether it is built from source or
the devel/p5-IPC-ShareLite port. When switching to the FreeBSD
malloc, it's fine. I haven't checked on other platforms, since most
of the ones I have access to seem to not use perl's malloc.

Is this a bug in the IPC::ShareLite module or perl's malloc? Or
something else?

Thanks,
Steve