security/p5-Authen-SASL "GSSAPI optional module"

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 07:53:59 UTC 2006

I was upgrading 'p5-Authen-SASL-2.09' to 'p5-Authen-SASL-2.10'
and came back to the machine to find it sitting waiting for input
at this point:

	===>  Configuring for p5-Authen-SASL-2.10
	*** Module::AutoInstall version 1.02
	*** Checking for Perl dependencies...
	[DIGEST-MD5 mechanism]
	- Digest::MD5      ...loaded. (2.36)
	[CRAM-MD5 mechanism]
	- Digest::HMAC_MD5 ...loaded. (1.01)
	[GSSAPI mechanism]
	- GSSAPI           ...missing.
	==> Auto-install the 1 optional module(s) from CPAN? [n]

I looked thru the Makefile but didn't see any method for controlling
whether or not this module was to be installed.  I did see that the
Makefile wanted to install the manual page:

	MAN3+=   Authen::SASL::Perl::GSSAPI.3

Does this mean that it was intended for the GSSAPI was to be
installed?  I chose the default "[n]" and rebuilt and again it
stopped at the same point waiting for input.

If indeed the GSSAPI is optional, could there be a make argument
to control this behavior so that it could be configured via
pkgtools.conf?  Alternatively, using "make config" would be another
way to store the desired option.

My objective is to control this behavior in an manner conducive
to (semi-)automated ports updating.

Randy