security/p5-GSSAPI on FreeBSD 4.x

Caroline Spatola spatolacaroline at hotmail.fr
Fri Jun 30 09:40:56 UTC 2006

Dear Matthew...

In reference to :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-perl/2006-April/000924.html

I had the same problem : mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin depends on
security/p5-GSSAPI, and I don't have Kerberos on my machines. I use 6.1,
but with NO_KERBEROS=yes in /etc/make.conf.

Looking at the dependencies, and the dependencies of the dependencies,
and the dependencies of the......., I found that : p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
depends on www/p5-libwww which depends on net/p5-Net, which depends on
security/p5-Authen-SASL, which depends on security/p5-GSSAPI... but with
an "OPTION" !
So all you have to do is :
# cd /usr/ports/security/p5-Authen-SASL
# make config
and uncheck "Kerberos support".

And it works !

I don't really know in which cases "Options" window opens. I think it
opens only for the program you install and its immediate dependencies.
But not for the dependencies of the dependencies of...
Is there a make option or something to force the display of the options
ncurses window in all cases ?

Hope this helps !
Olivier