Devilator 1.1 including ZFS stats

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Mon Feb 11 14:49:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

Sorry for the crossposting, but I think this is also relevant to -fs.

After many years gathering dust (although I've been using it internally) I have updated devilator, the performance data collector for Orca.

Apart from some cleanup and some bug fixes, I am including ZFS monitoring. It's a bit crude now, but I will be happy to enhance it with suggestions for interesting metrics.

Orca (http://www.orcaware.com/orca/) is a well known package used mostly on Solaris systems to graph system performance data, thanks to a data collector called "orcallator". Devilator is the name of the data collector for FreeBSD. Thanks to Jose M. Alcaide for suggesting the name ;)

An example of the kind of data Orca+Devilator can graph is available in the following link:
http://devilator.frobula.com/

And the devilator source code can be grabbed from:

http://devilator.frobula.com/devilator-1.1.tar.gz

Please send praise, rotten tomatoes or suggestions to: borjam at gmail.com

Enjoy!