FreeBSD vs Ubuntu - Discuss...

Martin MATO martin.mato at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 30 15:29:33 UTC 2009

   István a écrit :

have you seen the previous mail about 8.0 and debug stuff?

you might have overlooked it.

yes UFS is not the fastest, it is FAT16, stick to that :)

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM, S4mmael [1]<s4mmael at gmail.com> wrote:

Since the article says that they left the debugging features on I think
this has a bit to do with it. Obviously the testers didn't care to read

the

documentation, and didn't seem to care to use the same compiler which is
available in ports, I believe it is safe to chuck this lame benchmark.

What about FreeBSD 7.2? All debug featureas are 100% off in this
version, but test results are the same as in 8.0
Besides, UFS is known to be not the fastest FS. So, there is no reason
to be suprised.