PHP with open_basedir performance problem

Thomas Hurst tom.hurst at clara.net
Sun Jan 27 04:44:55 PST 2008

* Miroslav Lachman (000.fbsd at quip.cz) wrote:

> As I reported a year ago - problem occured in 5.1.6 (maybe 5.1.5 - I
> never tried it, I jumped from 5.1.4 to 5.1.6 or newer). Can somebody
> look at PHP sources of those two versions and find the "bad change"?

Handily I have 5.1.4 sources right next to my copy of trunk PHP5;
main/fopen_wrappers.c php_check_specific_open_basedir() is about half
the size there, and doesn't perform any readlink() calls, so it's
probably vulnerable to escaping the basedir using symlinks, but
considerably faster.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/