Performance Tracker project update

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Sat Jan 26 12:00:32 PST 2008

Erik Cederstrand wrote:

> I'd like to send a small update on my progress on the Performance
> Tracker project.
>
> I now have a small setup of a server and a slave chugging along,
> currently collecting data. I'm following CURRENT and collecting results
> from super-smack and unixbench.
>
> The project still needs some work, but there's a temporary web interface
> to the data here: http://littlebit.dk:5000/plot/. Apart from the
> plotting it's possible to compare two dates and see the files that have
> changed. Error bars are 3*standard deviation, for the points with
> multiple measurements.

Per the suggestions in this thread, the web interface has now grown an
overview page and an alerts page.

The alerts are calculated as anything outside mean +/- 2*standard
deviation in a sliding window of 10 dates. This was found by
trial-and-error to catch most significant changes without picking up too
much noise. Anything below a 1% change is discarded.

Erik