bonnie++ result, can someone tech me how to understand this data and help me tunning my system a little more?

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:09:15 UTC 2008

On December 29, 2008 5:50 pm Periko Support wrote:
>    I want to learn how to get more from my system, I will run a new
> application with mysql 5.1.30, this app is develop en .NET(I'm the

Are there specific features in MySQL 5.1.x that you need to use, that are
not available in MySQL 5.0.x?  If not, you should look at moving back to
5.0.x.  Kris Kenneway did several different benchmarks of various versions
of MySQL on FreeBSD 6 and 7 and found MySQL 5.0.x to be significantly faster
than 5.1.x, especially on 8+ core systems.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/mysql.html
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/7.0%20Preview.pdf
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/7.0%20and%20beyond.pdf
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/Filesystem%20Performance.pdf

You should also consider moving to the InnoDB backend instead of MyISAM.
The days when MyISAM is faster then InnoDB for all but the simplest of
queries is long gone.

--
Freddie
fjwcash at gmail.com