10GbE speeds

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Wed Apr 16 00:02:35 UTC 2008

On 15/04/2008, at 10:54 PM, gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
> I am working with the Chelsio hardware and it seems to be well
> supported on FreeBSD.  All the machines in that system are FreeBSD
> though.  How do you intend to get the OSX systems to be 10GE?

What sort of throughput are you getting with that setup? Are you using
NFS between the systems?

Good question about OSX, and I hadn't got to that part yet :-)  But I
was hoping that some OSX drivers existed. My fail back plan is to put
3 x 1GbE NICs into the server and just use crossover cable between the
3 workstations and the server to avoid any contention within the
ethernet network.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001