ULE vs. 4BSD in RELENG_7

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:36:02 PST 2007

> These ministat results show that the latest patch (alone) results in
> slightly worse performance for ffmpeg and buildworld, but slightly
> better results for sysbench.

Please disregard those conclusions, I misread the ffmpeg results and
didn't look at all thread counts for the sysbench runs.

Looking more closely, the latest ULE patch improves ffmpeg performance
slightly but degrades buildworld performance slightly.

As for sysbench, the new patch takes a hit with 4 threads (1 per
core), but is better with 8 threads (2 per core). It's slightly better
at 12 threads (3 per core) and 16 threads (4 per core).

Thanks,
Josh