network perf : em driver ? [solved]

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 06:31:52 PST 2007

--- Patrick Proniewski <patpro at patpro.net> wrote:
> I've connected the em0 port of the freebsd box on a gigabit PCI-X NIC
> I have in the Mac, and given a second try to the "dd | nc" client/
> server bench: 103 MB/s. This is far better !
> Same setup with apache 1.3 on the mac, wget on the Freebsd: about 40
> MB/s (350 MB file)

May I see the results of thttpd in comparison to apache (just for the file)?
:-)

And I would like to direct ur attention to this thread on freebsd-geom@ (that
could make ur disk-bottleneck go away; cave: disk bus contention):
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20070113004728.GQ2616
(esp.: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?45A8B722.7020302)

-Arne