Progress on scaling of FreeBSD on 8 CPU systems

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Feb 25 09:29:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 11:08:20AM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:

> >> If there is extra cycles on the same hardware, a performance comparison
> >> graph would be great.
> >
> > See the links in my posting ;)
>
> I think he means graphs between 6-stable and 7-current - it would be
> very nice to see those on the same machine, mysql configuration, etc.
> (at the very least to clearly show why people should upgrade :) ).

6.2 and 7.0 CVS sources (which are graphed on Jeff's blog and my
webpage linked there) are unlikely to differ much: as I said, filedesc
locking was key to fixing performance here.  I'm sure we'll be
promoting this improvement heavily when 7.0 enters release cycle, to
encourage people to consider upgrading.

Kris