How to increase traffic

Bc. Radek Krejca radek at ceskedomeny.cz
Tue Feb 13 13:35:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

  I have HP ProLiant DL360-G4 with one Xeon procesor. I compile new
  kernel based on Generic but I have big problem with perfomance.

  I got from my line only about 130 Mbit, then my cpu is working on
  100%. I tried set up polling but without success because after
  polling startup I got only 90 Mbit from my line.

  I have following config for kernel:
  http://www.krejca.info/kernel.txt

  And this sysctl variables (but now I have polling switched off).

net.inet.tcp.blackhole=1
net.inet.icmp.log_redirect=1
net.inet.icmp.drop_redirect=1

net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=1
net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536

  I need about 400 Mbit, this computer is a gateway with pf and nat.
  Network adapters are broadcom - bge.

  Thank you I send more info if it will be needed.

  Radek

--
Regards,
 Bc. Radek Krejca