mysql scaling questions

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Tue Dec 4 06:30:31 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:22:36AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 06:08 AM 12/4/2007, Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
> >cache seems to be turned on in the web-based management. However, I still don't think this is OS-specific, since I see no OS-specific options, and
> >3ware makes the devices available through SCSI, and WC is handled differently there.
>
> Its the queuing and StorSav setting that are important as well.  Under StorSav, you have "performance", "protection" and "balance".  Make sure those
> are the same as they drastically impact write performance of the card.
Excuse me, but i have never heard of this "StorSav" thing, nor google gives my anything but two hits, and suggests "StorSave" instead, which seems to be some kind of "platform" from AMCC...

Could you be a bit more detailed on this? Like step-by-step, how can I extract this information.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.