mysql scaling questions

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Sat Dec 1 14:20:05 PST 2007

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Gergely CZUCZY wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 04:06:55PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>> At 03:56 PM 12/1/2007, Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
>>> I don't quite understand the question. It's the very same box, with
>>> a dualboot configuration.
>>
>> Fire up the 3ware controller's RAID management software and make sure the same write caching strategy is set for FreeBSD and Linux. The
>> driver my default to different values.
>>
>> i.e. under "controller settings" make sure "write cache" and "queuing" are the same values for linux and freebsd.
> Let's get back to this on monday. I'm at home now, and the
> box is at me workplace, still running a test (i can't reboot it).

Also, can you verify with a read-only test to see where it's at?  I have
not tested writes with that many threads.  I notice mysql goes much faster
with a fresh table too.  So can you blow away and recreate the sysbench
tables and then do read-only?  If that is much slower we'll know there is
some configuration problem or similar.

Thanks,
Jeff