Performance 4.x vs. 6.x

Tamouh H. hakmi at rogers.com
Thu Oct 12 09:39:43 PDT 2006

> Anyway, people should stop complaining, and start offering up
> hardware, net connections, and man power to support a cvs
> repo/packages/etc for the 4.x tree if they want it.  That's
> what people do, and that's the beauty of open source.
>

> Eric

I agree, however, there appears to be no strategy or procedure for FreeBSD testing. This has been asked on this group before. Are there any standardized set number of tools we can deploy on FreeBSD to examine and test for performance, bugs and compatibility ?

Then we can use the reports from these tools to forward them to the developers for further examination.

Tamouh