Help with improving mysql performance on 6.2PRE

Fri Oct 6 06:16:32 PDT 2006

Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Fri, 6 Oct
2006 09:57:38 +0200):

> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 08:52:51PM -0400, Jerry Bell wrote:
>> I have a Dell PE2950 with 2 dual core 3.73Ghz processors and 4G of ram.
>> I've looked through some of the lists here and have seen super-smack
>> results in the 42k qps range on a 2 dual core opteron system.  I'm able to
>> get up to about 34k with the wide at the back of my server whilest rubbing
>> the side of it.
>>
>> Here's what I've done:
>> built both mysql 5.0 and 5.1 from ports with build_static and
>> optimazations on.
>> changed the clock to TSC
>>
>> added the following to my /etc/libmap.conf file:
>> [mysqld]
>> libc_r.so.5             libthr.so.2
>> libc_r.so.6             libthr.so.2
>> libthr.so.2             libthr.so.2
>> libpthread.so.1         libthr.so.2
>> libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2
>>
>> And this is about the best result I get:
>> 2950# super-smack -d mysql select-key-mysql.smack 10 10000
>> Query Barrel Report for client smacker1
>> connect: max=200ms  min=0ms avg= 20ms from 10 clients
>> Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
>> select_index    200000  0       0       34440.88
>>

>> Are there any other optimizations I need to do to mysql or freebsd?  I'm
>> still not 100% convinced that I've done everything I need to use libthr
>> instead of libpthread.
>
> on UP people recomend to use TSC instead of acpi timer

He uses the TSC already... but nobody suggested the gettimeofday()
wrapper so far: http://wiki.freebsd.org/MySQL

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.
		-- Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf"