cacti system tuning

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Mon Nov 13 19:48:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:19:02AM -0800, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> it's also much easier to debug problems with either the poller itself
> or the devices being polled.
>
> i'd use the php poller with cacti.

Agreed.  I had problems with the poller taking too long to process
our 1200 datasources but quickly resolved it by increasing the
number of poller processes that could run at once, from the default
1 up to 4.  My 6.1-release machine (2 cpus, plenty of ram) never
breaks a sweat polling those hosts and processing the results.

--
 - Lamont
"I am not an atomic playboy."