cacti system tuning

Mike Horwath drechsau at Geeks.ORG
Mon Nov 13 01:32:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 10:56:27PM +0100, Guillaume wrote:
> That's not a lot for a Cacti server running on this hardware !
>
> Do you use cactiD as pooler ?
>
> CactiD is a "C" poller to replace the php poller, the performence is
> really higher !!

Not in my experience using FreeBSD 4.x...

The system I do this on today will be getting an upgrade, so the issue
will be mitigated I hope :)

cactid does GREAT on a small number of polls, but seems to *skip* or
*drop* readings on higher than ~1500 polls in my experience.

The normal PHP poller handles the 1800+ polls without issue, just
takes 2-3x longer (and still reasonable).

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via drechsau at Geeks.ORG