packet drop with intel gigabit / marwell gigabit

Arne Woerner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 12:48:02 UTC 2006

--- OxY <oxy at field.hu> wrote:
> but the udp drop came out (10-15%) when i stopped apache (all
> tcp traffic) and initiated a local disk-to-disk file copy to
make some
> load.

Ok... That lets my idea look wrong... :-))

Then it might be the main board like somebody else wrote some
minutes ago (maybe ur main board cannot move so much data so
quickly)?
My Athlon XP 2400+ can do more than 2000Mbit/sec, when I do
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1m count=1000
Maybe u want to try the same on ur "patient"?

-Arne