mysql performance on 4 * dualcore opteron

David Xu yfxu at corp.netease.com
Wed Apr 5 05:31:39 UTC 2006

在 Wednesday 05 April 2006 00:42,Sven Petai 写道:

> hi
>
> Before I begin, let me just say that I'm probably aware most of the threads
> about mysql performance in various fbsd lists over last couple of years, so
> please let's not consentrate on the usual points made over and over again
> like how filesystems are mounted under linux, how fast time() is or how
> various combinations of scheduler/threding library/compiler flags give you
> ~5-10% better performance. It's very unlikely that any of these reasons, or
> even all of them together can explain performance differences of 2-3 *

Can you disable log-bin option in my.cnf to see if it is  a FS bottleneck
when you are running update-smack ? please run Linux and FreeBSD
with same hardware and my.cnf configuration, thanks.
I know this is not very right, but it can be used to narrow down some
kernel performance problem.

Regards,
David Xu