SATA: RAID 5 controller recommendations

Richard Tector richardtector at thekeelecentre.com
Wed Oct 19 04:18:51 PDT 2005

I've got a system here running 6.0-RC1 with the 8 port PCI-X Areca card and
a 7 disk RAID5 array of 320GB Western Digital disks. I have to agree with
Mike here, they are indeed extremely fast and I can't say I've ever had any
issues with it. Recommended.

However, I haven't had much cause to use the CLI management utils, so I
can't really comment there.

Richard