Performance/lockup issues with FreeBSD as a router (followup)

Peter Kieser pfak at telus.net
Thu May 26 18:44:29 PDT 2005

Hello,

I fixed the problem. It appears that the kernel was running out of
memory to allocate the network sockets, I took your guys suggestions
(along with the kernel configurations and such), and the problem is now
resolved. I also replaced the physical machine, but am using the same
NICs for even better performance.

If anyone is interested in the exact configuration I've used, I'll be
happy to post.

--Peter