FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Nick Evans nevans at talkpoint.com
Wed Jun 29 21:00:46 GMT 2005

I just tried this on my dual opteron test rig and didn't notice a difference
in performance with noatime set. What did make a difference was moving from
fxp to bge network cards. bge supports checksum offloading where fxp only
supports interrupt bundling. Freed up another 20% idle during my test runs.
I'm now hitting ~23,000 selects/sec, ~42% idle when running select-key.smack
from 3 client hosts. If we establish a suitable test mix and distribute the
smack/data files at least we can get consistent test results across systems.

Nick

6-CURRENT as of Jun 27th
Dual Opteron 246
Tyan K8SD Thunder Pro