Apache 2 on FreeBSD 5.3

Sten Spans sten at blinkenlights.nl
Fri Feb 4 07:57:04 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Steven Hartland wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sten Spans" <sten at blinkenlights.nl>
>
>> I run apache with php as cgi on some boxen for security reasons,
>> and will migrate to apache2 because of the improved errorlog handling
>> ( try print stderr "\n\n\n"; in a cgi to see the difference ).
>
> iirc this there is a compile time switch which fixes this.

nope, I ain't talking about the unescaped stuff.
In apache13 errorlog is straight stderr for cgi's.
With apache2 things are fidled with in mod_cgi
which stops extranous \n's.

I need this to be able to split the errorlog
per vhost ( I don't want to waste fd's on an
errorlog per vhost ).

--
Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem