Sun v40z vs. Tyan Transport TX46 as postgresql-server

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:17:34 GMT 2005

Hi.

I'm looking at upgrading my db-server. It's currently running FreeBSD
5.4-release and postgresql 7.4.8 on a quad TX46 with 4 GB RAM.

I've searched for comparative benchmarks pitting the TX46 agains a Sun
v40z, but haven't found any that indicates what system does fare the
best. The planned upgrade will have 8 GB RAM and will be running
FreeBSD 6.0 when that is available.

The postgresql-performance-list only mentions the v40z against the Nocona-cpu.

regards
Claus