Very low disk performance Highpoint 1820a

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 09:22:02 PDT 2005

--- Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:
> Only on write this is a read test.

Oh. Ok! :-)

But there is a striping-like effect (especially when u use n=8
discs in one RAID-5 and when u do sequential read), so that the
performance could be easily (n-1)*40MB/sec (which would be in your
case 350MB/sec; my single ATA disc reads 40 or about 40 MB/sec).

So I would say, that something in the ATA driver is sub-optimal
and worse than before. But I do not know what... There are so many
lines...

-Arne