decreasing interrupt CPU load

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 08:15:12 PDT 2004

I can confirm 82558 using fxp is very good especially with link0.
Using polling an em based card in the same machine ( dual PIII 800Mhz )
will out perform the fxp but only just  16MB/s vs 12MB/s.
Without polling the em is significantly slower than the fxp which appears
to be mainly due to interrupt load.
Note: test results from a single transfer using ftp from a win32 P2.4Ghz
connected directly via Intel(R) PRO/1000.

    Steve