A good BSD Text Book?

Arjan van Leeuwen avleeuwen at piwebs.com
Sun Jan 25 07:11:58 PST 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 07:08, HarryH wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a/some really good BSD (4.8) books/manuals, for not
> only a BSD beginner, but for someone that will really get into detail in a
> short time?  What I found at Border's was a real beginner's book.  Or, will
> I end up with a couple of books?  I have the "Unix in a Nutshell" by
> O'Reilly but would like to zero in on BSD.

I really like Greg Lehey's 'The Complete FreeBSD'. It seems to go deeper into
the material than Absolute BSD from Michael Lucas (although I think that's a
great book too, it's very easy to read).

Other books that I haven't read myself but I heard good things about are
'FreeBSD Unleashed' and 'FreeBSD: The Complete Reference'.

Arjan