A good BSD Text Book?

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sat Jan 24 04:59:22 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:08:25PM -0800, HarryH wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a/some really good BSD (4.8) books/manuals, for
> not only a BSD beginner, but for someone that will really get into
> detail in a short time?  What I found at Border's was a real
> beginner's book.  Or, will I end up with a couple of books?  I have
> the "Unix in a Nutshell" by O'Reilly but would like to zero in on BSD.
The files installed into /usr/share/doc/ are generally very good and
cover various aspects for both beginners and intermediate freebsd users.

Other than that, someone posted a good detailed list of BSD sites (not
just FreeBSD) recently on the freebsd-questions list:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=107419514917946&w=2

you should find a lot of decent BSD specific reading there.

Good luck :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer