Tuning Gigabit

Gregory Sutter gsutter at zer0.org
Sun Jun 29 20:12:24 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-29 16:38 -0400, David Gilbert <dgilbert at velocet.ca> wrote:

> Gregory> The submission deadline for this year's BSDcon is long past,
> Gregory> but you can always finish it up for next year's USENIX or
> Gregory> BSDcon.  Alternatively, you could write up your results for
> Gregory> publication in the Daemon News ezine
> Gregory> (<http://ezine.daemonnews.org/>), a monthly publication since
> Gregory> 1998.  We accept all types of BSD and Unix-related articles
> Gregory> from short newbie articles to journal-quality pieces.  To
> Gregory> submit work or ask questions, email
> Gregory> <articles at daemonnews.org>.
>
> All worth mentioning, I admit ... which is to say I would consider
> it... but from a purely academic point of view, having a properly
> accredited journal (with an appropriate editorial board and a proper
> peer review process) would do more for both *BSD and the individual.

The current situation is pretty good, with relevant papers being
published by USENIX.  Do you think a specific BSD academic journal
would be a significant improvement?

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter             I believe there are more instances of the
mailto:gsutter at zer0.org       abridgment of the freedom of the people by