Semi-polling mode and net.inet.tcp.inflight_enable

RDB rdb at blarg.net
Thu Apr 10 17:37:26 PDT 2003

> Performance in terms of what?  -sc

Quite honesty, any sort of positive result.  I'm basically just trying to
get a handle on what type of real-life situations these settings are
intended to benefit.

Does semi-polling mode result in less CPU being occupied by "interrupt"
state at high bandwidth levels when many IPF rules are being used, for
example?  Do either of these settings result in lower latency or higher
throughput at high bandwidth levels?

I don't have a firm handle on what specific real-life issues these two new
features were intended to address so I'm not 100% sure how to phrase my
question.

Russell Brunelle