macro security problem

AN andy at neu.net
Fri Jul 25 05:35:31 UTC 2008

I just installed OO3 DEV300_m26 on FreeBSD 7 stable, the install succeeded
but I'm having some problems in writer.  When I try to install new fonts with the
wizard I get a dialog box that says macro security is turned on.  So I go to
tools, options, security but when I click on the Macro Security button nothing
happens.  Therefore, I am unable to change macro security and unable to add
fonts via the wizard.

Problem 2 is on the tools, language menu the Thesaurus option is ghosted
out(unavailable).  Also, under Options, Language settings, Writing aids there
are no available language modules, and the edit button is not available
(ghosted out).

I know this is a beta version, but functionality of the program is really
limited without these features.  Is this a problem in general, or specific to
my setup?  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA