problem with macro security button in openoffice.org 2.3 on FreeBSD AMD64

Robert Gilaard rgilaard at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 01:04:15 PDT 2007

Dear sir/madam,

in openoffice.org I've opened a xls sheet containing
macros and I got the message:

"This document contains macros. Execution of this
macros is disabled due to the current macro security
settings. Therefore, some functionality may not be
available."

If I then try to find out wha this is by going to
Tools-Options and then under OpenOffice.org click on
security, I see the Macro Security...button where I
should be able to adjust the security level for
executing macro's and specify trusted macro
developers.

However, clicking on that buttons gives no new dialog
and nothing happens. I can't think this is working as
it should. Can you advice me on this?

Brgds
Robert Gilaard