GLib-GObject-CRITICAL

vladimir botka vbotka at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 00:29:56 PST 2007

Hello,

I can not get openoffice to work after upgrading to
openoffice.org-2.3.0. The openoffice starts, I can
write into the new text file and save it. But when I
want to close the window following error appears and
openoffice stops to respond.

# openoffice.org-2.3.0

(process:74772): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
gtype.c:2242: initialization assertio
n failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:74772): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave:
assertion `initialization_
value != 0' failed

(process:74772): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OB
JECT (object_type)' failed
^C

Here is some info:

1. fresh cvsup
2. portbuild without problem (make -DWITHOUT_JAVA
package)
3. 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
4. installed ports in the attached file
5. pkgdb -F without unresolved dependencies

I have tried to build the port with different options
(WITH_KDE, WITHOUT_GNOMEVFS) always with the same
result.

What can I try next please?

Cheers,
                   -vlado