FreeBSD Port: editors/openoffice.org-2

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 7 09:48:38 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 11:29:58PM -0600, Thomas Donnelly wrote:
>I seem to be having issues installing this port on freeBSD 7.0-Beta2, I am
>aware this is beta, but I just want to make sure you know it seems to be
>having issues...

Just to confirm: You have build OOo yourself, rather than installing
it from a downloaded package?  A package is unlikely to work on 7.0
because the packages are built for 6.x and, unless _all_ the
dependencies are likewise built for 6.x, you will get nasties like two
different versions of libc.so being loaded.

>It gets to the license agreement, I say yes, and it hangs.

The version I built on 7.0/i386 gets further than that.  It will
correctly install and I can go through the licence agreement and
registration screen.  I can create a new document but not open
existing documents.

When I open an existing document, the screen will resize but not
update (so the inside of the border remains whatever was on the
screen).  I get the same behaviour both locally and running via a SSH
tunnel.  truss shows that OOo is polling the Xserver but not receiving
anything - even when I generate events that it should see (mouse
clicks etc).  Since other X clients are behaving normally, I suspect
OOo is failing to correctly specify the events it wants to receive.
Alternatively, it might be failing to correctly handle a protocol
error.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to go from here.

--
Peter